My Purpose

Hey guys! I created this blog as kind of an exercising/healthy eating journal for me, hopefully to solicit some encouragement, advice, and support from you. I thought a blog would give me a sense of accountability to you, the reader, and therefore would help me get my lazy behind out of bed or off the couch, and "get-er done!" This is an interactive blog so please, comment! (so I know you're there). Due to an ongoing low energy problem, and a personal goal to improve my fitness and eat healthier, I'm doing the "couch potato to 5K" training program and am just starting to follow Dana Thornock's "Lean and Free 2000 plus" which tells you how to eat 2000 to 4000 total calories a day, from all food groups, and still lose weight, get slim, and have energy. I feel strongly that a "Word of Wisdom" way of eating (found in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 89) is the very best, and Dana follows this perfectly. It is my great desire to "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint!"

Please join me!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Made it through week four.

We went to california, so week four took two weeks, lol.  (all my other weeks have taken like two weeks, so not sure what it matters, but this one took even longer).  I thought running in California would be easier (you know what every one says, elevation, etc.) but I forgot to calculate in the fact that it's like 70 or 80 degrees at 7 in the morning.  I know what you Arazona people are thinking, big deal right?  But I'm used to, oh I don't know, like 50 or 60, maybe.  I don't know for sure, but it's way good for running.  I've decided something... I'm spoiled!  But here are the pro's of running in Cali.  You can see lots of different things.  You can go lots of different ways.  You can take time to stretch when you wait for a stoplight.  You can socialize a little (say hi to people you pass).  so all in all I had fun.  It was nice to mix it up.  I'm glad to be back though, I've decided I like solitude.  Besides, I think California was tired of my out-of-breath rendition of Taylor Swift, lol.  Since I've been home I worked on week five, and am almost done.  I only have my 5K week end run to do, I'm going for 35 minutes.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment