My Purpose

Hey guys! I created this blog as kind of an exercising/healthy eating journal for me, hopefully to solicit some encouragement, advice, and support from you. I thought a blog would give me a sense of accountability to you, the reader, and therefore would help me get my lazy behind out of bed or off the couch, and "get-er done!" This is an interactive blog so please, comment! (so I know you're there). Due to an ongoing low energy problem, and a personal goal to improve my fitness and eat healthier, I'm doing the "couch potato to 5K" training program and am just starting to follow Dana Thornock's "Lean and Free 2000 plus" which tells you how to eat 2000 to 4000 total calories a day, from all food groups, and still lose weight, get slim, and have energy. I feel strongly that a "Word of Wisdom" way of eating (found in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 89) is the very best, and Dana follows this perfectly. It is my great desire to "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint!"

Please join me!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pioneer Day Fun(?) Run.

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been busy with swimming lessons etc.  But here's the update!  I ran in the Pioneer day fun run in St. Anthony.  My goal was 34 minutes (11 minute miles and change) and I finished in 32:44.  Yeah!  I'm going to have to step it up before the Mesa Falls run, because I was huffin and puffin at the end for sure. 
Here's a before, with some friends.
Here's an after, my best pose (dorky, but what do you do?).  The important thing is the cool shirt we got, it's that running fabric (wow, the lingo!)

It was my first run, and I was nervous, but I didn't puke, and I really did have fun.  Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! GREAT job!! We'll have to come cheer for you on one of your future races.

    ReplyDelete