My Purpose

Hey guys! I created this blog as kind of an exercising/healthy eating journal for me, hopefully to solicit some encouragement, advice, and support from you. I thought a blog would give me a sense of accountability to you, the reader, and therefore would help me get my lazy behind out of bed or off the couch, and "get-er done!" This is an interactive blog so please, comment! (so I know you're there). Due to an ongoing low energy problem, and a personal goal to improve my fitness and eat healthier, I'm doing the "couch potato to 5K" training program and am just starting to follow Dana Thornock's "Lean and Free 2000 plus" which tells you how to eat 2000 to 4000 total calories a day, from all food groups, and still lose weight, get slim, and have energy. I feel strongly that a "Word of Wisdom" way of eating (found in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 89) is the very best, and Dana follows this perfectly. It is my great desire to "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint!"

Please join me!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week Three!

I'm almost finished with "week three" on the couch potato training.  It didn't actually take me three weeks to complete it, more like 6, but that's ok.  Todays workout was twice as long as the last two days, and it felt great!  I reflected back on my first couple of times running and realized I've improved (duh!).  My next day is "go three miles at a high clip to try to beat my 40 minutes of last week".  Here's the best part though:
THIS is what I get to wake up to in the mornings.  Now, wouldn't you run too?(click on pic to get a better view)  I get to go up the road that you see.  Today I did a little more than three miles, and over the last crest the view is twice as good (but I didn't have my camera).  (I "made" this panoramic, that's why it's not professional looking, sorry).
Tomorrow if the weather holds out I'm going with a group of "gals" on a hike up the "R" mountain (aka. Menan Butte in Rexburg) and around the top.  Brody and I did that last Friday with the kids, but we didn't make it very far, just up the side and about 1/4 of the way around, then back to the car.  It was so much fun!  I'll take pics if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment