My Purpose

Hey guys! I created this blog as kind of an exercising/healthy eating journal for me, hopefully to solicit some encouragement, advice, and support from you. I thought a blog would give me a sense of accountability to you, the reader, and therefore would help me get my lazy behind out of bed or off the couch, and "get-er done!" This is an interactive blog so please, comment! (so I know you're there). Due to an ongoing low energy problem, and a personal goal to improve my fitness and eat healthier, I'm doing the "couch potato to 5K" training program and am just starting to follow Dana Thornock's "Lean and Free 2000 plus" which tells you how to eat 2000 to 4000 total calories a day, from all food groups, and still lose weight, get slim, and have energy. I feel strongly that a "Word of Wisdom" way of eating (found in the Doctrine and Covenants, Section 89) is the very best, and Dana follows this perfectly. It is my great desire to "run and not be weary, and walk and not faint!"

Please join me!

Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm so blessed!

This morning I just completed the 2nd week of my "running routine" and boy did that feel good!  I just went three miles, as fast as I felt comfortable.  1/4 mile walking, 1/4 mile running, repeat.  I made it in 40 minutes, that's 13 minutes per mile (approx).  My goal by the Mesa Falls 5K in August is 10 minute miles, or do you think I can do better?  (This morning about killed me, by the way, if I have a heart attack, will you attend my funeral?)  Anyway, it was raining a little, but everything was just beautiful!  The fields are starting to turn green with new grain, and everything was washed clean.  Okay, the 12 inch worms on the road were a little gross, but I discovered it's really fun to collect a few and feed them to the chickens.  One chicken grabs a worm and runs, and the others take up the chase.  It's hilarious.  I'm sure Brody was looking out the front window at me in the yard laughing hysterically at 7 in the morning and thinking "yep, she's lost it," but the kids thought it was great, so that's worth it.  Today I'm supposed to get my Dana Thornock book in the mail (had to return the library copy, so got one on amazon), so I'll start trying her eating program this week, I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. I bet you will be faster if you keep it up. I am with you - not too happy where I am. Thankfully, the two girls are really wanting to take up early morning exercise so we will be starting...soon. The oldest runs a 12min/mile and wants to get it down to about 7-8 over the summer - and she expects me to do it with her! Good luck! On another note, I have always felt that the best way to be healthy is to just eat smart - not so much less. I am with you, the WoW is the best way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! It looks like you are off to a great start! Keep it up - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! That's what I'm talking about!

    ReplyDelete